Admission Procedures for The Foundation Stage (children aged 4-5)
From September 2019, St Peter’s CEP School now accepts 30 children in the Reception Class during the academic year of their fifth birthday.
All children intending to start their education at St Peter’s will be integrated into school through involvement in an afternoon visit during the summer term to get to know their teacher and become familiar with the school. Our reception teacher also visits the children’s pre-school settings during the summer term.
The Headteacher and reception teacher hold a meeting in the summer term to give information to parents about the school including the PTA and uniform and to also answer any questions.
All applicants must fill in an online application form at www.kent.gov.uk/ola . The Local Education Authority then complete the admissions procedure. Once this has been done parents are informed by letter whether their application has been successful.
Children are admitted to St Peter’s according to the Local Education Authority criteria, which is as follows:
- Children in Local Authority Care or Previously in Local Authority Care
- Children who have an older brother or sister at the school at the time of admission as long as they live within a two-mile radius of the school.
- Health and Special Access Reasons – a medical certificate may be required to support the application
- Children who live in the Unparished area of Tunbridge Wells - see map
- Nearness of children’s home to the school
Further information can be found on the Local Authority's website
For entry into Reception in September 2020, applications can be made to the Local Authority between 5th November 2019 and 15th January 2020. To find out about Reception 2020 Prospective Parent Information sessions, please click here.
For admission into St Peter's at any other time than at the start of the Reception year, this is classed as In-Year Admissions. Please see the following link on the Local Authority's website which details the procedure for this: